ADCF Ashford 8 Inch Drum Carder from ElectriCarder.
[Currently Only available within Australia]
Card and blend fibres and colours quickly and efficiently, with 72 PPSI carding cloth.
There is a 120 ppsi option, please specify your preference.
This Model has two ratios for flexibility and control when carding and blending.
Use the 6:1 ratio to prepare your fleece. The controlled intake and carding will produce a smooth even batt ready for blending, spinningor felting.
Use the 4:1 ratio to blend sliver, colours and different fibre types consistently into an open and airy batt.
Adjustable drum clearance - allows you to set the teeth distance for total control of your fibre.
All nylon bearings ensure it is light and easy to turn.
The card cloth has wire teeth with a special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life.
The carder is strong and robust with the body made from Silver Beech hardwood.
The carder has rubber feet to prevent it slipping.
Card 50g (2oz) batt quickly and efficiently. It comes assembled and lacquered ready to use.
Fibre preparation made easy
- 2 ratios for control
- Adjustable drum settings to suit all fibres
- cards up to 50g fibre
- quick and easy to remove handle
- clamps and awl included
- lacquered and assembled
- Coarse 36 TPI [teeth per sq inch] cloth for stronger woolsor fibre with more vegetable matter to remove.
- Fine 72 TPI [teeth per sq inch] cloth for finer wools & exotic fibres.
- Superfine 120 TPI[teeth per sq inch]for silk and exotic fibres
Batt size 60 x 20cm (24 x 8ins), up to a 50g (2oz)batt
Weight only 5kg (11lb)
For a Carder that does not need to be hand-cranked, just add an ElectriCarder
CARDER Ashford 8 INCH - 20cm wide Drum
- Product Code: Ashford Drum Carder 8 inch
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: A$ 617.27